Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Post Count/minerals/activity counter
Post Count/minerals/activity counter
Aug 16 2008, 2:59 am
By: rockz  

Aug 16 2008, 2:59 am rockz Post #1

ᴄʜᴇᴇsᴇ ɪᴛ!

I suck with names. It helps me to see if they are a complete newb (post count <25) or a regular contributor. I actually think the karma (bugged as it was) was a good indicator. People with very low karma obviously just made an account, and those with high karma have been here a while. Most of these people I can recognize, but there are some, especially those who change their name or avatar, who I just forget.

Why do I find it helpful? Since I mostly post in UMS Assistance, a lot of that has to do with people asking simple questions, and it's useful to know how descriptive I can be, or whether or not I should dumb the post down a lot.

Pretty much, all I'm saying is, don't get rid of these things, since even minerals will do. Since you start with negative minerals, it's very easy to tell if someone is a newb (or a cheater) right off the bat. I realize we're going through modifications to the site, but I'd like something around these lines to be under the avatar, like most other forums.



"Parliamentary inquiry, Mr. Chairman - do we have to call the Gentleman a gentleman if he's not one?"

Aug 16 2008, 5:49 am Moose Post #2

Armor: 90.50%

Quote from rockz
It helps me to see if they are a complete newb (post count <25) or a regular contributor.
Post count was never displayed on every post.

Quote from rockz
I actually think the karma (bugged as it was) was a good indicator.
Karma still exists, and there were never any bugs with it.

Quote from rockz
I realize we're going through modifications to the site, but I'd like something around these lines to be under the avatar, like most other forums.
I agree. The numerical indicators were useful in sizing up others.




Aug 16 2008, 5:50 am DT_Battlekruser Post #3



My reputation system! :P

We actually coded the days-active tracker.




None.

Aug 16 2008, 6:15 am Demented Shaman Post #4



This is a dumb idea. You should treat and view everyone the same.

I know I do because I see everyone as an inferior nub, but that's just me. :whistling1:



None.

Aug 16 2008, 12:53 pm Brontobyte Post #5



Quote from name:devilesk
This is a dumb idea. You should treat and view everyone the same.

I know I do because I see everyone as an inferior nub, but that's just me. :whistling1:

They should also code some sort of jerk alert, for people like devilesk, or maybe just devilesk, who think that they are better then others. Maybe something like other users can give you points based on your posting habits and take them away. I think you have it called the "reputation" system, but I just want it under the users avatar.



None.

Aug 16 2008, 1:29 pm Vi3t-X Post #6



Completely agree with rockz, COMPLETELY.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Dem0n